It’s true I do not spend as much time on the computer if I can’t have it sitting in my lap…I miss my laptop. Am I that lazy that I don’t want to go sit at a desk to type and surf the net? No, I think not, I think I just spent more time on the laptop due to the convenience of having it wherever I was in the house, multi-tasking as I see it. I could sit in on the counter in the kitchen, type a little, watch tv and fold clothes. I want my laptop back! We bought the desktop computer for the kids. It was getting where every time we turned around one of them needed the computer. It seems like the 15 year old has to do all his homework on a computer (so he says) and I didn’t like having to give up my time on it, whether I was surfing the net, blogging or balancing the check book, him taking 2 to 3 hours a night was not going to work out especially if the girls needed it too so off we went to buy the desktop for them and no sooner than we get the darn thing set up than the laptop crashes so we’re back to square one, one computer. I do plan to have some one take look at the laptop before long. Did I mention I miss my laptop.?.
Last weekend we went shopping for a new washer and dryer. When it takes several cycles to dry your clothes and you can see your electric bill going up because of it, yes it’s time to invest in new ones. We went to Sears then we went to Lowes. At Lowes we found a GE front load washer and dryer in metallic silver, I never thought of having a pretty washer and dryer before now. They were on sale, granted not near the low price as a standard set but it’s what I wanted and we have the money so we bought them. They are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. I have to admit it was very hard to write such a large check and walk out with nothing but a long receipt and the warranty information. Yes, you better believe I bought the extended warranty for those pricey machines. I’ve heard the front load washer can be delicate so I wanted to make sure if anything happened we are covered.
Now here lies my dilemma, we have spent money on a new computer and new washer and dryer this past month not to mention our family trip to Asheville, then Ken went to the dentist on Monday and finds out he has to have extensive work done. So do I call Lowes and tell them I can’t afford that particular set, we’ll come in and exchange the pretty front load set for a standard set because you know that would be the wise thing to do or do I suck it up keep the washer and dryer I want and figure out how to pay for an oral surgeon and dentist when the time comes. Don’t get me wrong, we’re not completely broke in fact after Ken’s dental insurance I’m sure we’ll have the money to pay for everything, I just don’t want to have nothing saved up. We’ve been saving money and working on the house which is what that money was for plus with my job not being so stable right now I wanted that cushion to fall back on if need be. I don’t know what to do!
I haven’t wrote anything about my diet lately. There’s a reason for that, it’s gone out the window! No not really but it feels like it today. I have some days where I do really well and others that, let’s just say I don’t do well at all, like yesterday when I ate a big lunch and dinner. Loosing weight would be so much easier if I didn’t like Mexican food. It gets me every week! I did get a request this morning that gives me a little more motivation…a friend of mine has asked me to be in her wedding. So now, I have the bikini from last year and a wedding to get me moving. Hopefully that’ll be enough. I’m looking forward to springing forward this weekend so when I get home in the evenings we can walk, run, bike ride, in general get out and get some exercise, I think we all need it.
I know I really should blog more often so not to write so much at one time. I’ll try to. It does make me feel better to blog. To just write about what’s been going in my life. Kind of like a diary but one that the world can see.
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

We love reading and honestly, I don't have any advice on the money dilemma of sorts. I like my front loaders and I totally agree with getting what you like now if you can afford it so you don't have to spend more in the near future. BUT, I also like having a nest egg because you never know what kind of trouble is lurking around the corner.
ReplyDelete