Boy what a past few days I've had. With it being end of month, work was stressful this week trying to make budget so I can keep my job. I'm a residential underwriter for title insurance company and as everybody knows the real estate world has crashed. The company I work for is the largest in the US if not the world now that they just acquired several other companies. Back in the fall we had to take a pay cut just to keep our jobs then they started closing offices in our state and laying off people in other offices. My manager has done a good job at keeping the 3 of us so far but I don't know how much longer that will last. We were told a certain figure we had to reach each month and by the skin of our teeth we've made it the past 2 months. I pray everyday we can hang in there till the market turns around. In my office we have 3 people, with me being the last one hired therefore I would be the first to go. So Ken and I have decided to hold off on anymore renovations to the house just in case. We'll do the little things like painting but no major kitchen work right now. We did have to break down this weekend and buy a new washer and dryer. Can I tell you how sick it makes me to spend that kind of money but it had to be done. We're having to dry clothes at least 2 times, sometimes 3 depending on what it is like towels or jeans. Of course we could of went with the old standard top load washer and matching dryer but I don't plan to buy new ones for many years so we splurged and got the front load washer and matching dryer in metalic silver. I have to say they are the prettiest washer and dryer I've ever seen and they will match the stainless steel appliances we get next year. But I'm still not over writing that huge check at Lowes and the worst part is they had to order the darn things. We won't get them till Friday or Saturday. I left Lowes spending more money than I ever have with nothing but a really long receipt! Of course this purchase comes on the heels of buying the new desktop computer week before last which was a good thing because the laptop crashed Friday!! I already miss my laptop. I probably won't be doing as much on the computer if I can't sit on the couch in front of the tv to do it. I guess we'll get somebody to look it to see if it's salvagable. Then last night Ken found his cell phone in the driveway. He must have dropped it when we came in yesterday afternoon and didn't find it till we got in last night from dinner at Bonefish (which was yummy by the way, it's been awhile since I'd been). We figure the phone had been out in the rain for about 4 hours or so and it was either stepped on or ran over because the screen is cracked. More money that has to be spent this week to buy a new one. Does it ever end???
My dieting has gone out the door, well not really but kind of. I did see 126.5 yesterday, which is the lowest I've been in months but like I said above we went to Bonefish last night so I didn't see 126.5 today:( I'll do better next week and try to exercise more than I did this week.
On bright note - it's snowing again!! I can't believe it's March and snowing. This will be our third snow storm! We haven't had snow like this in years. Thankfully our school system has already delayed school 2 hours in the morning. Making sure they don't have a repeat of their goof up last time I bet.
Last night after Bonefish we came home to watch a movie we had rented earlier, Fireproof. It was the best movie ever! I really wanted to see it when it came out at the movie theater but just didn't get the chance. I am so glad we watched it last night. It's a must see if you haven't.
I guess that just about catches you up on my past few days. I'm going to look at the snow some more then get ready for bed. Good Night, God Bless and Happy Blogging =)
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment