Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Stomach - I Have So Many Issues

My parents came to town for dinner, yummy grilled bbq chicken, potato salad, garden salad and bbq bread followed by strawberry ice cream. I ate a lot but not nearly as much as I wanted to or that I have in the past. Since losing 7 pounds I don’t eat as much anymore, thank goodness. When I went to bed Saturday night my stomach was making all kinds of sounds, I took a couple Correctol’s (I had other issues going on as well). I didn’t sleep hardly any, I tossed and turned all night long. At 6am I was up and pacing the floors, my stomach hurt so bad and was extended so much (I looked like I was 7 months pregnant and weighed 8 lbs more than I did the Friday before!). I was cold and clammy, I could go to the bathroom, I couldn’t lie down, couldn’t sit for long, I was vomiting off and on (nothing but clear stuff). Ken decided at 6:30 I was going to the ER. They got me back pretty quick. I told the ER doc I’d had this happen before, even been to the ER before but in the past few years it’s never this bad. Its gastritis, just give me something for the pain and I’ll be on my way. Well, they got the IV started. They gave me some good stuff for the nausea and pain, they did a full urinalysis and metabolic panel (blood work). They even did a pregnancy test which I assured them was not even possible, I even told the nurse if it was positive it would be a miracle child from God! They sent me for x-rays and CT scans. So after all this the doctor said you do have gastritis, I’m sending you home with meds, follow up with a GI doc next week. We left the ER 4 hours later with a $6,000.00 bill!! They charged $40 for the pregnancy test!! I think I was more nauseated after seeing the bill than I was when I got there!!! I’m still having issues, my stomach cramps up and I get nausea all the time. I’m still taking the meds for that and I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow to see a GI doc. Thankfully my stomach isn’t as bloated, it still is some but I’m back down to what I weighed last Friday. I guess, I hope anyway, I’ll know more tomorrow after my appointment.

We leave for vacation on Sunday. I don’t want to be miserable the whole week so I’m praying the GI doctor can give me something that helps.

Happy Fourth of July to everyone! M and I will be in Lumberton to celebrate my dad’s b-day and do some shopping at Sam’s for vacation stuff. Ken is working and his kids will be with their mom. We’ll round the girls up on Sunday and head for the beach when Ken gets off work. E isn’t going with us, he has a class he’s taking through UNCP so it’s Ken, me and the girls! I can’t wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love ER's??? They really stick it to you. Next time tell them you don't want all those test done. You have that right! They can treat you without all those test. Tell them you will see your Reg Dr if you don't get better. It is your right to refuse a test if you think it is not needed....They like running test.. it pays the bills for them....

    ReplyDelete