I thought I would share a little background on Ken and myself...of course our journey through life began many years ago but it wasn't till July 2007 that we began "our" journey together. We both had been married before, him with 2 children, me with one. We both knew of one another prior to meeting so it was no surprise when we did meet. Ken worked with my brother and a very close friend here in Pinehurst know him as well. We chatted a few times on myspace then one weekend when I was in Lumberton I decided to ask my brother for his number. I called Ken and it just so happened he was working in my parents neighborhood and rode by while we were on the phone, I walked out and he stopped. We talked for a few minutes then he got a call around the corner, a water main had broke, well my mom and I thought we would take the dog for a walk *wink* *wink*. Ken and I talked out there for a long while, even while the fire ants were biting me (those bites didn't go away for a year, thank goodness I wasn't allergic and benedryl works wonders). We continued to talk and text most of the night. The next day we talked for hours again, that was a Sunday. The following Tuesday we had a our first date. I really never belived in love at first sight and really don't now but after that first meeting I knew something about Ken was different and I liked it. I was young when I met my first husband and young when I got married. This time around I was an adult and knew what I wanted and needed in a man and partner. I figured out very quickly I had found it in Ken. As we sit here on the couch, me typing, him doozing after working a 12 hour shift today, I'm so thankful to that Saturday night in July 2007! This was our beginning........
How sweet! I think I knew part of the story but not all of it. I'm glad you are finally happy.
ReplyDeleteStumbled upon your blog! I am new to the blogging world also! I too have two stepkids and lots of stories to go along!
ReplyDelete