Thursday, January 22, 2009

*Snow Week*







Yes it snowed here. In all we got about 6 inches! I was like a kid Monday night in anticipation of the snow starting sometime after midnight so when I woke at 2 am to find it snowing I had to wake Ken and tell him our first layer was here. We checked the news, we checked the county school's website still no word on school, we went back to sleep. I woke again at 4 am to find even more snow, to be sure they have delayed school - nope. Ken woke at 6 am, I followed him to the living room, it was snowing like crazy so of course I knew school would be cancelled, they were predicting it to snow all day - nope - we're on a 2 hour delay - come on you expect the kids to actually pay attention with it snowing like this. The last time these kids had snow like this was January of 2000, M was just 6 months old. We found out at 7 am Ken's kids, R and E's school was cancelled. Then finally at 8 am we got the call M's school would be closed and I got the call from work to stay home as well. In anticipation I had brought home some work so I was prepared. Ken already had the day off, we were all set to have fun in the snow. The girls (E had stayed at his mom's), Ken and I had a blast. Snow cream and a warm fire all day! Along comes Wednesday, we figured school would once again be cancelled and it was. R had gone to her mom's and M was staying with her dad for the day. Then comes Thursday and another snow day for M...by this point I'm getting a little upset. 3 days, yes I know M loved it but now she has to make up 3 days! She had just got back from winter intersession (she's in year-round school). Another day at her dad's, he did drop her off at my office so I could take her out to lunch. The worst part isn't they were out 4 days this week (holiday and 3 snow days) but that they had their science fair and book fair this week so both of those have been post poned. I just got a call from the school system - SCHOOL IS IN TOMORROW and on time. Thank goodness!!
PS: I wanted the photos at the bottom here but being all new at this I couldn't figure it out. Feel free to let me know how to do it - thanks =)

1 comment:

  1. When the photo's HTML shows up in your post, cut and then you can paste to wherever BUT if you tell it to post left on the uploading page, then it will only post left. Likewise, with center and right but you can put it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete