First of all the doc said my breathing is good, stay on the Flovent (preventative inhaler) which I found out is now only $30 with my prescription card, thank goodness, follow up in a year.
Since I was there I thought I would tell him about my Shred experience. His response “well, you’re not going to do that workout again are you”. I said yes, I want to but after checking out my legs he said that wasn’t the workout for me. He told me he has heard about people hurting themselves doing this workout and if I think I must continue, to be very careful and to listen to my body, don’t push too hard. He also said I’m in great health and shape and that I don’t need to do that kind of workout unless I want abs, etc. that come along with it. I said not really, I just want to lose a few more pounds. He said that wasn’t necessary either but if that’s what I want then add a couple more walking workouts and runs into my schedule. I usually do 3 to 5 a week (on a good week), he said to increase that to 5 to 6 every week. I’m still debating this. I did walk last night, a nice slow walk after the doctor told me to take 800mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours to help with the pain. So my plan is to do my walking workout DVD tonight or run, depends on the weather. Then after a few days of this, maybe and I stress the word maybe, I’ll try Shred again. We’ll see what happens.
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment