I have a few friends who don’t have blogs but read mine every so often to keep up with what’s going on in the Hall world (my world) so I thought I would do a semi-play-by-play of the past week or so.
On Sat. June 13 the girls and I hung out at the pool while Ken and E did some yard work but don’t worry they did join us when they got done. That evening we (me, Ken, M & R) went over to a friend’s house to cookout. Together they have 5 kids! So they have us beat, ha, ha. E wasn’t there and one of their’s wasn’t either but in-laws and a nephew were so in total we had 6 adults and 7 kids! The adults had yummy steaks and salad while the kids had cheeseburgers / hamburgers, cheestos and fruit (had to make it a little healthy). On that Sunday we all slept in! I wanted to go to the pool but the girls decided they had had enough on Saturday, poor things had red noses and cheeks.
Last week M was gone to visit her dad’s parents and Ken’s kids stayed at their mom’s all week for VBS. Do you know what that means…we were alone for a whole week!! I missed the kids but it was really nice not having to keep up with who was where, what who was wearing and if it was clean and what we were having to eat, heck I didn’t even worry about keeping food in the frig. Monday night Ken found a motorcycle he liked. On Wednesday night we went to see it and we both liked it right away then on Thursday we bought it! And yes, I’ve already rode it, twice! I said I wouldn’t till he had time to ride awhile and get comfortable but I couldn’t help it, I had too. Just a couple quick trips around the neighborhood. I liked it but it is a little scary. At one point I told him to slow down and he promptly told me he was only going 25 (the posted speed limit), I said oh, well slow down anyway! The turns are what get to me the most but in time I’ll get more comfortable with it. Hopefully by August 15, we have a charity bike ride. Our police department does one every year for Special Olympics. We ride from Pinehurst to Greensboro, eat lunch and ride back to Cox Harley in Asheboro then home. It’s for a good cause, it’s Ken’s employer and we have a motorcycle now so I thought we’d participate this year.
I got to leave work a little early on Friday. I went home to spend some time with Ken before he went to work at 7pm. That was really nice. Usually we sort of pass one another coming and going when he’s on night shift.
On Saturday my mom and aunt came for a visit. I took them into the Village of Pinehurst where we shopped and ate lunch then we headed to downtown Southern Pines for more shopping. I say shopping but what I mean is we looked around mostly. I’m saving what little bit I can for vacation next month. We even did the Bed, Bath & Beyond, Petsmart, etc. (strip mall) before the heat just took over and we headed back to the house. Saturday evening a friend had her son’s b-day party at the park so I was there from 5 till 8, thank goodness I had booked the picnic shelter, shade! Total in attendance, with adults and children, were 25, we went through 36 bottles of water AND 36 bottles of Gatorade!! Also, pizza, cookies and cake, yum-o.
Sunday was Father’s Day. Happy Father’s Day my sweet husband. Ken had some comp time so he took Sunday night off which was great since we rounded up all the kids in the afternoon. We were suppose to get his around 2:30 then M would be home and we would have a big cookout, well to say the least we didn’t get R & E till after 4 (no surprise but I won’t dwell on that) so I took Ken out for lunch. When we got home R helped me bake brownies for Ken and when M got home the kids gave him his cards and horseshoes. He’s been wanting some, even looked at them one day white at Wal-Mart so I thought they would make a great Father’s Day gift not to mention the big motorcycle that’s in the garage, LOL. I also gave him a card and black jelly bellies (our favorite). Ken and I rented Gran Torino last night, good movie by the way, so all and all I think he had a pretty good Father’s Day. I wish I could have made it to Lumberton to see my dad but I didn’t want to leave Ken alone. He’s been so sweet to me over the past couple years on Mother’s Day I wanted to do the same for him.
Monday morning I dropped the girls off at camp. They are going to a half day camp right in our back yard at the First Health Fitness Center. I picked them up on my lunch hour, took them home, had lunch then back to work. They said they had a great time at camp and can’t wait to go back. R doesn’t like getting up at 7 on her summer vaca but M (surprisingly) said she’d rather do that than sit at home watching TV. Yes I was blown away by that statement. She’s always saying things to surprise me.
I think that pretty much catches everyone up on what’s going on in my world. Not really exciting but life isn’t always exciting, which is a good thing, sometimes we need down time.
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment