Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SHRED

I received my Shred DVD in the mail on Monday and tried it last night. I stress the word TRIED. Oh my goodness…my legs, upper thighs in particular, hurt so bad today that when I get up from my desk I want to cry!! I had been doing my walking/workout video and walking/running outside but had not done anything in a week when I jumped on this DVD. I started with Level 1, if I had not I would not be typing today, I would probably be hospitalized. Ken even did it with me and he said he hurt more from that than when he runs 2 plus miles everyday. Of course his body is used to the running so this was new to him too. I started out with 5 lb weights, that lasted all of a few movements. They were quickly passed off to Ken. I will be hitting Wal-Mart after work today for 2 or 3 lb weights. I will do my best to get in another workout tonight, if my poor legs will allow me, they might just refuse! You can rest assure I will be on Level 1 for awhile! In fact this probably won’t be a 30 day Shred for me, more like a 60 day Shred. I can’t even begin to imagine Level 3! God help me if/when I make it that far. My poor legs, everything else is fine. Let’s see how I feel tomorrow. I'm hoping this will help me lose a few more pounds. I've lost 5 in the last 3 weeks so maybe this will help me with that additional 3 to 5 I want to get rid of. Then I'll need the help maintaining it but we'll deal with that when the time comes. I'll write more tomorrow, if I make it through another night of Shred hell - that's what I'll be referring to it as - Shred Hell but if it works I might change the name, I doubt it but who knows.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...it gets easier but I can say I'm on like day 10 or 11 and I dont see myself moving from Level 1 for a while. Some reviews I've read, people stay on Level 1 for a month. That is my goal and if I feel I can move on sooner, I will. If not, I'm in no hurry to kill myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I'm in no hurry to kill myself so Level 1 will be fine for awhile;-)

    ReplyDelete