We’ve been contemplating getting another dog. Currently we have one dog, Heidi (mini-schnauzer, she’ll be 7 in July) and one cat, Rocky (siamese, he just turned 14). Since we can’t have children of our own we’ve decided to adopt a four legged one. We want one that isn’t a puppy but isn’t grown and I would love to have another schnauzer, Heidi is the best and hopefully she’ll help train him or her right. We’ve been talking about this for a few months and visiting different websites looking at mini-schnauzers, particularly the NC Schnauzer Rescue but I’ve found most of their dogs are holder and not good with children.
Well yesterday as I sat at my desk at work I hear them on the radio talking to some one from the Moore Humane Society and she brought in a mini-schnauzer mix that the vet estimated him at a year old! After work I picked M up from after school and we went straight to the shelter. He is adorable and very well behaved. He is such a little fella though. Heidi is 22 lbs and he is only 10! He came in with his brother who is being treated for heartworms so he isn’t available for adoption. They say they are a mix but he looks just like a black mini-schnauzer, I don’t see the mix.
I left our application with them to process while we think about it……
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

Go for it!
ReplyDelete