We decided to adopt a dog from the Moore Humane Society. We’re picking him up today when I get off work. I’ve never adopted a shelter animal before and I’m kind of nervous about it. Heidi is a pure bred Miniature-Schnauzer from a breeder and so were the 2 Akitas I had. Although he looks all mini-schnauzer, you never know what you’ll get. They estimate his age between 1 and 2 and since he is so tiny we’re considering him a puppy and Heidi’s little brother. I hope she does well with him and isn’t too upset at us for bringing another dog into the house. Guess we’ll find out tonight. M really wanted to bring him home last night but I felt bad leaving the little fella at home today, all day by himself. Ken has been in school this week in Salemburg so he hasn’t been getting home until 5:30-6pm, tomorrow is a half day so we decided little man can spend the morning at home with his big sister. That should be interesting.
He is referred to as Benson (only one letter off from my previous married name) at the shelter but since he hasn’t been there long we thought a name change won’t affect him any, God knows what he was called before being rescued from the side of a busy road. His new name is Sam.
I’ll be sure to blog tomorrow on our first night together.
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

That should be very enjoyable....the first night that is. Dwight had a nightmare on his hands the first night with Penny. At least you are living in a house so when Sam barks all night, you hopefully won't have PO'ed neighbors. Dwight was in an apartment. Needless to say, I had to meet Dwight halfway and take custody of Penny for a few nights:-)
ReplyDelete