We’ve had Sam for almost a week now he is a great dog. He had a couple accidents in the house the first 2 days but that’s been it. He sleeps in his kennel (which we had to buy another one, he kept getting out of the one we had) and sleeps all night! This past weekend I didn’t get up out till 8:30 one morning he was fine. He loves people. If you sit down he is right there with you. Heidi is adjusting well. She snaps at him every now and then when he jumps all over her. He just gets so excited sometimes. I think he knows his name, when I call him he comes, most of the time. He had his first check up at our vet yesterday. She said he’s anywhere from a year to 2 years old and he’s probably as big as he’ll get, maybe a little bigger but don’t expect it. He will always be Heidi’s little brother. He’s in great health! I’m so thankful considering where he came from. We started him on his heartworm and flea and tick meds yesterday so he’s off to a great start with our family. The kids love him and he loves them. I’m very thankful it has worked out so well for us.
I had all intentions of adding a photo here but I didn't get a chance last night to sit down in front of the computer to do it. I'll try again tonight, no kids so it might happen!
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment