Some Good and Sad News
Good News…..last October at work we had to take a 10% decrease in pay, company/corporate wide to help save as many jobs as possible. At the time they told us they would consider reinstating our 10% at some point provided they could. Of course as the housing market has decreased beyond records the past few months I didn’t hold out much hope of that. But low and behold if we didn’t get a email at 4:55 yesterday telling us effective April 1 (today) they would be reinstating our 10%!!! I am so happy and relieved! I didn’t realize how much I would miss 10% but I did and it couldn’t have come at a better time considering I’m starting to get in medical bills from my hospital stay a couple weeks ago. Now I can defer that 10% to the hospital and doctors that took great care of me.
Sad News…..as everyone has heard by now we had a horrific tragedy in Moore County this past Sunday. Here’s an excerpt from today’s paper, The Pilot:
Three days after Robert Stewart's bloody rampage at a Carthage nursing home Sunday morning, authorities are focusing on what triggered it. Stewart, 45, who lives near Carthage, has been identified as the man who walked into Pinelake Health and Rehabilitation Center about 10 a.m. armed with multiple weapons and opened fire on patients and staff. When it was over, eight people were killed.
I’m not going to write about the gunman, the above is all that needs to be said about him. He does not deserve my time nor energy instead I would like to focus on Justin Garner the Carthage Police Officer who stopped this mad man and the victims of this tragedy. Here’s an article from today’s local paper, The Pilot:
Chief Praises Officer For 'Heroic Actions'
Good News…..last October at work we had to take a 10% decrease in pay, company/corporate wide to help save as many jobs as possible. At the time they told us they would consider reinstating our 10% at some point provided they could. Of course as the housing market has decreased beyond records the past few months I didn’t hold out much hope of that. But low and behold if we didn’t get a email at 4:55 yesterday telling us effective April 1 (today) they would be reinstating our 10%!!! I am so happy and relieved! I didn’t realize how much I would miss 10% but I did and it couldn’t have come at a better time considering I’m starting to get in medical bills from my hospital stay a couple weeks ago. Now I can defer that 10% to the hospital and doctors that took great care of me.
Sad News…..as everyone has heard by now we had a horrific tragedy in Moore County this past Sunday. Here’s an excerpt from today’s paper, The Pilot:
Three days after Robert Stewart's bloody rampage at a Carthage nursing home Sunday morning, authorities are focusing on what triggered it. Stewart, 45, who lives near Carthage, has been identified as the man who walked into Pinelake Health and Rehabilitation Center about 10 a.m. armed with multiple weapons and opened fire on patients and staff. When it was over, eight people were killed.
I’m not going to write about the gunman, the above is all that needs to be said about him. He does not deserve my time nor energy instead I would like to focus on Justin Garner the Carthage Police Officer who stopped this mad man and the victims of this tragedy. Here’s an article from today’s local paper, The Pilot:
Chief Praises Officer For 'Heroic Actions'
BY JOHN KRAHNERT III AND JOHN CHAPPELL: Staff Writers
Carthage police officer Justin Garner has been hailed as a hero for single-handedly putting an end to gunman Robert Stewart's rampage Sunday at Pinelake.
Garner was out on a routine patrol and entered the facility alone, Police Chief Chris McKenzie said during a news conference Monday.
Garner shot Stewart in the upper chest with his department-issued .40-caliber Glock pistol, and in turn suffered three pellet wounds, presumably from a shotgun, to the left foot and calf.
McKenzie praised the work of Garner in stopping Stewart's rampage, calling what he did "heroic."
McKenzie praised the work of Garner in stopping Stewart's rampage, calling what he did "heroic."

This only makes me even more proud to be married to a Police Officer. You never know when and/or what will happen when they leave for work each day. Although I’ve never met Justin (I hope I get the chance one day) I think of him as a hero as well. His actions on Sunday only proved what kind of man is truly is and at the young age of 25! I pray his has a total and speedy recovery. I also pray for the victims and their families. These were helpless elderly people who did not deserve to die like this and a nurse who helped save others.
In memory:
Jerry Avant – 39 (Nurse)
Louise DeKler – 98
Lillian Dunn – 86
Tessie Garner – 75
John Goldston – 78
Bessie Hendrick – 78
Margaret Johnson – 89
Jesse Musser – 88
If you would like to read more about this go to http://www.thepilot.com/. That is our local paper’s website and today is totally devoted to this tragedy.
May God be with all those involved in this tragedy and help them in whatever way they may need. Amen.
In memory:
Jerry Avant – 39 (Nurse)
Louise DeKler – 98
Lillian Dunn – 86
Tessie Garner – 75
John Goldston – 78
Bessie Hendrick – 78
Margaret Johnson – 89
Jesse Musser – 88
If you would like to read more about this go to http://www.thepilot.com/. That is our local paper’s website and today is totally devoted to this tragedy.
May God be with all those involved in this tragedy and help them in whatever way they may need. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment