It’s Friday and I’m excited about a beautiful weekend and the whole family will be here this weekend. Sometimes it gets a little crazy with everybody’s schedule but this weekend we have all 3 kids and Ken is off, well except he does have to go in tonight and work from 8 pm to 2 am, DWI checkpoint, duty always calls.
I can’t believe I haven’t wrote a blog all week, I don’t think I’ve even been online and read any. That is so unlike me but in my defense I have been caught up in a book I started last weekend. I did finish it last night, none to soon for my hubby. Poor thing does not get near the attention he’s used to or likes to get when I’m caught up in a good book. I’m all his for now anyway, till I find another good one, ha, ha.
Last Friday was pretty great. M and I spent the day together. We slept in, had lunch then headed to the movie. We were first in line for Hannah Montana! It was a pretty good movie if I say so myself. Of course it had to be, my favorite author wrote the script – Nicholas Sparks!! Afterwards we did a little window shopping. She loves Clair’s so we spent a great deal of time in there. I’ve been trying to talk her into getting her ears pierced so I took advantage of the opp and asked once again “Do you want to get your ear’s pierced?”, reply “No”. I even got another hole, top of my left ear, but she still would have no part in it. To have such an outgoing personality she’s such a scaredy cat. I wish that wasn’t the case and I hope it’s a stage she’ll grow out of.
On Easter Sunday I rounded up the kids around 5 o’clock, cooked a wonderful meal (ham, mashed potatoes, yams, butter beans and rolls, even a carrot cake) that we had when Ken got home from work. Monday the kids hung out with Ken (everybody is on Spring Break this week). Tuesday I took the day off to spend with everyone. We took the kids to the Airbourne Special Ops Museum in Fayetteville. I had never been and found it very interesting. Living so close to Ft. Bragg, we know several military families. My co-worker’s husband is currently in Afganistan on his 4th deployment. Another co-worker is deployed on his 2nd tour in Iraq. It was cool to get an up close look at military things and a wonderful history lesson as well. The kids loved the semilater, it was cool. After that we went to the mall, I had to visit VS. Which was my lucky day because the bra I was exchanging was $45 and the ones I love were 2 for $50 (normally $42 ea.)! I got 2 bras and 3 panties (3 for $10 day as well) for 36 bucks!!! Awesome! By this time the kids were starving, the cookie I gave them to give me time to shop was not enough, time to go. They wanted CiCi’s, pizza buffet so with it being their day we took them. Then they went to their other parent’s for the night while Ken and I went home with very full bellies to relax (me read, him watch TV). On Wednesday I was the only one in the office and I think it was the busiest day we’ve had in a long while! I didn’t mind though, the day went by very fast.
Now it’s Friday again and again I’m alone in the office, however, today isn’t as nearly busy as Wednesday so it’s creeping by, ugh. Hurry up 5 o’clock! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Tomorrow we’re heading to Lumberton see and cookout with my parents. Although I was down there a few weeks ago it’s been forever since they’ve seen Ken and the kids. I also need to go to Sam’s while I’m there and JCPenney. I wish we had a JCP! Their clothes fit M so well and I like them too. Enjoy your weekend, I plan too!
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment