We picked Sam up after work yesterday and he did well. When we got home Ken gave him a bath (he smelled like the shelter, poor baby) and we trimmed him up. When they found him and his brother they were so matted that they had to be shaved, he does look a little funny but it’ll grow back. Since no one was a groomer his hair cut wasn’t done too well, i.e. the hair on his ears was still long and on his feet, he looks like he has boots on, however, he does looks a little better now.
Heidi is tolerating him, that’s about it. She has snapped his way a couple times when she was getting lovin’ and he wanted in on it. He is such a people dog. If you don’t stay outside with him he wants right back in. We had to separate the two last night to feed them. He wanted her food and she wanted his then he wouldn’t eat his. He finally did eat a little late last night. He did better than we expected on the leash and once we get a collar that fits him he’ll do even better. The collar I bought is too big so we have to, hopefully, find an extra small. We’re having a hard time figuring out his age. He acts like a puppy and still squats to pee unless he is right beside something tall (i.e. the baker’s rack in the kitchen and coffee table leg – yes we had a couple accidents last night but he’ll learn, and I pray soon).
He went out for the last time around 11:30 last night and stayed in his kennel till 5:30, I think. Ken was getting up at that time anyway so I let him get Sam out of his kennel and to the backyard. He went back in his kennel till 7 when I put him and Heidi out back to play while M and I finished getting ready for school and work. When we left at 7:30 he was in his kennel, whimpering. He didn’t bark any last night or this morning.
I went home at lunch to let Sam out. He and Heidi went out back for a little while then came in to hang with me for a few minutes. We have all the doors in the house closed so he won’t wonder, however, while I was in the bathroom he decided he needed to go. When I was walking out the door to return to work I smelled something, looked over by the loveseat and found a nice little puppy package, yuck. I cleaned that up, left him in his kennel and returned to work. I did notice while he was outside at lunch he found his barking voice! I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not, I’ll let you know.
I’ll write more later on the adventures of Sam, our new doggy.
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment