After work yesterday, I went home to see my hubby before he left for work at 6:30. I had one slice of pizza, yes only one, I tanned and I worked out so I feel I did accomplish something. I wish I had had the energy to work out longer but when I go several days without doing it I have to start back slow. Tonight will be longer, hopefully, I have to make a Wal-Mart run for Easter basket goodies but I’ll try to make that as fast as humanly possible, it is Wal-Mart though. I wanted to get up this morning and work out but when Ken works nights I don’t sleep well so when 6:30 rolled around I hit snooze a few times.
I did have one surprise last night when I got home, when I turned the oven on to preheat it so I could heat up the leftover pizza from the day before well guess what…the oven wouldn’t preheat, heat or even broil. It kept going straight to self clean mode. The stove top works fine so I’m hoping it’s not a big problem. I’ve got a repairman coming this afternoon to give me the verdict. I’ve been dreaming of new stainless steal appliances but we had decided to wait since Ken has to have some dental work, however, I might be forced into financing new kitchen appliances because I certainly can’t get a new stainless steal stove and not the matching frig and dishwasher, that’s just not right. I tried explaining that to Ken last night but he didn’t agree with me and I don’t know why, I’ll keep working on it, I have a way with him;-)
I talked to M today. She’s having fun at the beach. She even got to swim yesterday (indoor pool in case you were wondering). She did say it was really cold there today too. It’s freezing here. In fact they are calling for frost warnings over most of NC tonight. I just wish it would have rained more yesterday to get rid of this pollen. I’m not sure what Ken’s kids are up to. They don’t check in on a regular basis. Kind of out-of-sight out-of-mind situation, which is understandable for the 11 year old and maybe for the 15 year old if he didn’t make it a point to talk to his mother every morning and night when they are with us. I know it hurts Ken and he has talked to E about it. We both feel he won’t be coming as much since he is getting older and more involved with extracurricular activities. I think Ken is coming to terms with that but it doesn’t make him feel any better about it. It was so much easier when they were younger and he lived closer. I’m not sure how much thought he put into it before agreeing to move here, farther from his kids but I know he did. I am thankful everyday he made that choice because I don’t think I would have. I just couldn’t see myself giving up a good job, moving somewhere with little to no jobs, especially that pay what I make and I certainly could not move my child out of one of the highest ranking schools in NC to a school system that is probably one of the lowest. So, yes I’m thankful he made the move but I am also sad to see him going through this. It is yet another issue we’ll get through together and with God’s guidance.
Happy Holidays & A Great New Year!!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment