Friday, February 13, 2009

My Life As of Late

I've been wanting to blog for over a week now but just haven't had the time. Life can be so busy and crazy, I just don't know if I'm coming or going sometimes. I do find myself with a little time tonight - no kids, hubby is grouting the bathroom floor (he's awesome, I like the new ceramic tile).

I'll start with last week - Ken started the renovation of the hall bath. We had a cookout at the house coming up so we wanted it done by Saturday. I finally found the shower curtain, etc. I liked with the new wall color at Bed, Bath & Beyond. He gets everything done but the flooring but that's ok, it looks great. That reminds me, I should post pics. Ok, well Friday rolls around and we're off to Chuck E Cheese for R's b-day dinner. I had invited a couple of her friends from school but of course I did not hear back from their mothers, after speaking to them once and they assured me they would call me by Thursday. R said the little girls at school said their moms wanted me to call them, this I found out at 11pm on Thursday then again after school on Friday. I explained both moms had my name and number and were suppose to call me but did not. I wasn't calling them again. I digress.... We get to Chuck E Cheese at 7pm. A friend of mine, her husband and their 2 kids met us there. We ordered and I asked for the balloon/lunch box centerpiece. The girl at the register had to talk to the manager, she came back to tell me they don't sell them. I explained I had spoken to someone the day before who said it would not be a problem, just tell them when we got there what I wanted. I asked to speak to the manager. He came over, nope we don't sell them followed by a smart remark, that's the benefit of booking a party. I told him I could not book a party because we could not be there by 6 (by the way, you can only reserve parties on the even hour). We ended our conversation with me very mad saying I would be making more phone calls. The night did get better though, shortly after we sat down the girl from the register appeared asking what the b-day girl's name was and how old she was. Guess what....we got our balloon centerpeice!!! Now why couldn't they had done they from the beginning? It took me showing my butt, but hey, I got what I wanted or rather R got what she wanted.

Let's move onto Saturday....I had 20, at least, people coming to my house for a cookout at 5:00! R's b-day party and Ken's mom's b-day was the next day. That morning I made the trip to Wal-Mart for last minute stuff, the party store for balloons and Bath & Body Works for plug-ins and another gift for Ken's mom (from the kids). Ken and E went to get haircuts and to the grocery store for more food. We all met back at the house for set up. The party was great! We probably had more food than some 3rd world countries but that's how we roll.

Sunday - me and the girls had a baby shower to attend. It was about 35 minutes from the house. We were late but that was ok, I made it, which was a feat in it self considering how exhausted I was after the week I had had.

Then before I know it it's Monday again! I just can't figure out how that happens every time I turn around!! This week wasn't as crazy as last, thank goodness.

Although today was Friday the 13th - it was a pretty good day for me, actually a great day. My wonderful husband sent me red tulips and white roses (my 2 favorites) for Valentine's Day! He also had my friend/co-worker make my favorite cake, chocolate with chocolate buttercream! I've already ate some, even though my b-day isn't till Sunday. At work J brought me homemade organic chocolate chip cookies for my b-day and her and D gave me a beautiful picture frame that goes prefect in my bedroom. The card they gave me was awesome, a big singing card! When I got home I had more cards in the mailbox (I love getting cards!). My parents sent me a singing card as well. The song was "My Girl", I about cried. Ken got off work at 7. We had dinner, which by the way, J (friend/co-worker) made and brought to me after work. She's so awesome, especially after the week she's had. Her husband is deployed for the 4th time, he's only been gone a month and so far it's been the worse deployment yet. Please say a prayer for our soldiers and their families.

Now I'm sitting in the hallway, by the bathroom Ken is grouting. He's talking, I'm blogging. Go figure =)

On tap for tomorrow...well, Ken was suppose to be off, that got changed but he is getting off early so hopefully we'll make our dinner reservations in Raleigh and a little shopping at Victoria's Secret (that's what I asked for for my b-day).

If you're not bored yet or alseep, go find something else to do and I'll blog again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a lot to read - I can only imagine doing it all. Do post pictures and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete