Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

As I sit here after watching the Superbowl, the Steelers come back win, I can't help but wonder how much money was spent on this one game and what else could have been done with all that money. I've been doing alot of thinking lately, not sure why, not even sure if it's a good thing but I have and watching this game only made me think more. It's a new year, a new marriage and new kids for me, I bet that has something to do with it. Speaking of new kids, R has a birthday this week. She'll be 11. We're planning 2 get togethers/parties. She wanted a party at Chuck E Cheese but we didn't want to ask family and friends to drive an hour for that so we compromised...we're taking her to Chuck E Cheese Friday night with a few friends from school meeting us there then on Saturday we're having a family/friends cookout. As it stands we'll have around 20 plus at our house for bbq chicken, baked beans, green beans, potatoes and of course birthday cake! Lord help me!! To top it off, I told a friend I would go with her to a get together of local women selling various things, Pampered Chef, Avon, Tastfully Simple, etc. on Saturday morning. Then Sunday I have a baby shower to attend, which is 30 minutes from my house and it's my new mother-n-law's birthday, we're having a cake for her at the cookout too. I think I'll be busy this weekend. I just pray this week isn't like last week with me having pain from a moving kidney stone. I haven't had much pain today but I don't think I've passed it either, so there's no telling what this week will bring. I've never passed one on my own but this could be the one. I really don't need a hospital stay right now. The only thing I couldn't fit into my schedule this weekend is my cousin's son's first birthday party. I so wish we lived closer so we could be a part of this milestone in his life - Happy Birthday Andrew - we love you. I wish everyone a happy and safe week and I look forward to reading your blogs throughout the week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I think you have more than enough on your plate. I'll share pictures and stories of his party. I hope the kidney stone doesn't interfere with your plans because hopefully you will pass it.

    I was hoping the Cardinals would win though I really couldn't have cared less. You're right though, it's sad how much money was spent. There are so many families that could have used all the money spent. It's sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray that your kidney stone vanishes! I have an award for you, please stop by!

    ReplyDelete